Community is important. Our mental health can make incredible improvement by finding a community to plug into. This could be through fitness groups, sports groups, church, and so on. When you think about it, the word community sounds like common and unity put together to create one word. That’s what community is: common unity between a group of individuals with similar interests. Finding others with common interests will increase your overall health by leaps and bounds. Take the time to sit back and really think about what kind of groups of people you’d like to be involved with, and take some time to seek out groups that help toincrease your health and wellness.
Our health is influenced by many factors. One of those factors that plays an important role is our spirituality. Whether you are Christian, Jewish, Hindu, Muslim, or anything in between, our spirituality and belief in something greater than ourselves
For many, church can be one of the most incredible types of communities to get involved with. Many times, they offer a variety of small groups that align with anyones interests (i.e. singles, married, fitness, etc.). Do yourself a favor and get yourself involved in a church community. Your happiness will increase, friendships will expand, and you’ll find mental clarity in a way you never thought possible!
This post was sponsored by Charis Kingdom Church in Olathe, Kansas. If you are interested in finding an incredible church family to get plugged into in the Kansas City/Metropolitan area, look no further. We’ve got what you’re looking for!
What is a healthy lifestyle exactly? We hear about healthy living all the time. It’s almost cliche at this point. When you live a healthy life you actually end up saving a ton of money! But isn’t healthy food more expensive and then gym memberships on top of that? Well, food might cost a tad more but there are cost effective ways to become a healthier individual. The gym? You can go to an inexpensive 24 hour gym or just use the wonderful outdoors, the possibilities are seemingly endless. So about the saving money? Well, You can save money on health bills! Look, going to the doctor costs an arm and a leg. Staying healthy and in shape will certainly lessen the chances of you getting sick and needing to pay for medicine or doctor visits!
Healthy lifestyles aren’t all about eating healthy. You know as well as I know that there are other things in this world that can detour us from living good lives. Drug addiction and even alcohol addiction can really set someone off track. There are tons of places that you can go to get help if you need a jump start and can’t do it on your own. Rehabilitation centers are amazing places.
5 Tips To Become Healthier
- Exercise – This might be a no-brainer for most. But seriously hear me out. Lack of exercise obviously won’t help with weight gain or getting a “beach bod”. But that’s not why I’ve brought this up. Often times people don’t understand the true risks of not getting enough exercise. Heightened risks of diseases like heart disease, various types of cancer, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, etc… The list could go on for days but you get the point, right? Exercise.
- Eat Natural Foods – A lot of times we get caught up eating only foods that have been heavily processed and contain ingredients we can’t even pronounce. This can certainly become a problem and lead to weight gain, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, and more. Eating natural food that comes straight from the plant, ground, or wherever without being processed and sugared up is always the best option. Try it out and see your energy levels soar!
- Lower Stress Levels – Stress is a huge contributor to unhealthy lifestyles. Stress has more long term effects than just simply being a burden on your day. Get into some yoga classes, talk to a therapist, relax your mind in meditation for an hour each night… There are many ways to help lower your stress levels. Low-stress living is healthy living.
- Kick Your Addictions – It’s difficult. This many times can’t be done alone and will have to be met with professional attention. Many of us have addictions that contribute heavily to our unhealthy lifestyles. Whether it’s drinking, smoking, binge eating, or any other destructive addiction it can really have an adverse affect on your life. There are many programs available and professionals out there that can help curb an addiction. The first step is always wanting to change. You can’t change for your mom, dad, brother, sister, or anyone for that matter. Change will only happen when you want to change for you.
- Lose Some Weight – Look, we could all probably lose a little weight right now. I know I could! You don’t have to look like a bikini model for Sports Illustrated or like the next bodybuilding world champion either. This isn’t about that. For a lot of people, weight can be a serious health risk. This goes back to talking about how a healthier lifestyle can lower your health bills. When your body is running smoothly you won’t have to worry as much about heart attack, stroke, diabetes, etc… You can live an active lifestyle and healthy one, away from the doctor!
You want to get started, right? But how? Well there are plenty of ways to get this going. It will take determination. Without determination failure is certain. Take some time to write down goals and solidify them. Take baby steps. There’s no need to over do this on your first go around. A gradual change will always be the easiest. Hold yourself accountable by posting on social media or telling your significant other, family members, friends, whoever really about your new plans. When other people hold you accountable you’re more likely to succeed.
So go ahead and get out there, curb the addictions, lose some weight, lower your stress, exercise, and eat natural foods. This will be the best thing you can do for yourself and your family. The only step you need to take now is the first step. I look forward to hearing about all of your progress and struggles in the comments below.
Long time no talk, right?
Today I wanted to ramp everyone up for a great summer smoothie! I know, spring started yesterday… Summer came early to my area so let’s get on with the warm days at the pool drinking smoothies.
This smoothie is going to be a Peach/Coconut smoothie. Nothing says summer like coconut and peaches. We will be using full-fat coconut milk instead of cow’s milk. Much healthier and much more summer, it won’t weigh you down as much. This is a simple three ingredient recipe as well so you won’t break the bank or have too much prep time at all. On top of being a simple smoothie, it’s also very healthy. We’re all about health at Pravante.
- Full-Fat Coconut Milk – 1 Cup
- Ice – 1 Cup
- Peeled Fresh Peaches Chopped – 2 or 3
- Lemon Zest – Dash
How do you make it?
Simple! Put all of the ingredients into your blender, and blend! It doesn’t get much easier than this. The next time you hit the pool don’t forget to bring your favorite smoothie with you. If you liked this post please share with your friends! They would love this smoothie just as much as you do and we all could use more healthy fun recipes.
Take a look around our website and you will find more recipes as well. We love our readers and will continue to provide great new content with healthy recipes weekly!
This post was sponsored by Pool Cleaning Overland Park. If you are looking for pool maintenance, pool opening, or anything pool related call the guys at PCOP and they will surely take care of you!
If you are looking to lose a few pounds for next summer why not start now? There are plenty of great exercising techniques that can be used to shed pounds along with eating clean in the kitchen. Take some of our smoothie recipes and drink them after one of your intense workouts! Clean eating and exercise are the keys to weight loss. The catch is, consistency. You need to be consistent in your practices to see results. Sometimes results are slow coming but if you continue the grind results will come. Read the two great exercise techniques below.
You can find many Yoga studios around the country, personally, I take some great yoga classes in Kansas City. Depending on your city I’m sure you can find a great studio. Yoga is not only soothing of the body but it relieves stress on your mind. A calm warming environment. The music soothes the soul. Regular yoga is great but in my opinion hot yoga is even better. Sweating out all the toxins really is a great feeling. There are many different positions within yoga and transitioning from position to position helps with burning calories and especially with flexibility. With yoga you not only feel better about the workout itself but with your own mind and body.
Next and last I will be speaking about pilates. This is a workout that will test your core strength in ways you have never felt before. Using special apparatus’ to perform these positions is essential so you will either need to buy one or go to a gym with pilates classes like the pilates classes in Kansas City that I take. Pairing pilates with yoga is a great practice but not everyone has enough time in their days to allow for that. If you are trying to choose between the two, one is not necessarily better than the other but each person has their own preferences. Personally I like both enough to engage in both! If you don’t want to join a pilates class you can always buy a dvd and practice alone until you’re comfortable trying it out in front of other people if you’re shy.
As you can see, both techniques listed above have some great qualities to them that could really help you in your battle to lose some weight. Don’t forget that exercise alone is not fully responsible for your weight loss. A lot of people will work out but continue to eat unhealthy and then wonder why they look the same. Your body needs clean fuel that it can burn efficiently so if you’re working out please feed it properly! You wouldn’t give a racecar unleaded gas so don’t do it to your only body.
If you liked this article, please read some more of my blog posts and leave a comment on how you liked it or what steps you have taken to lose weight. Pravante is a health blog and full of valuable information for leading a healthy lifestyle.
Are you looking for a new type of health smoothie to get your day going? Acai is a great way to get your day going! Acai berries are shaped like blueberries and come from Central and South America. They are packed with great antioxidants and can help prevent cancer.Although these berries are readily available at our grocery stores they aren’t that simple to round up. All harvesting has to be done by hand! The berries grow on trees up to sixty feet tall and therefore you cannot use any kind of machinery to get them down. If you were wondering what these berries taste like most people compare them to dark chocolate. It’s slightly bitter but has a hint of chocolate flavor which really has made it very popular! More health benefits from these berries, along with all of the antioxidants they also contain healthy fatty acids such as Omega-3 and Omega-6. Those fatty acids are very important to keeping an overall healthy body!
1⁄2 cup banana
1⁄2 cup blueberries
1⁄3 cup pressed apple juice
31⁄3 oz pouch açaí purée
To make this recipe follow the simple instructions below!
- Cut up banana into small pieces and put into blender
- Add blueberries to blender mix
- Pour the pressed apple juice into blender
- Squeeze your pouch of açaí purée into the blender
- blend on high for about 20-30 seconds and serve!
This simple recipe would be great to start off your day before work as a quick healthy breakfast! Let me know what you think of the recipe or post your favorite recipes below, I would love to see some more! Thanks for reading my blog post!
This is the first post on my blog, I hope you enjoy all of the content that I will be posting. Use this information to help you start living a healthier life! I want to start reviewing different products and giving out recipes to help you start living the lifestyle that you deserve! If you have any questions or want to chat just go over to the Contact page to reach me by email.
This website is sponsored by the best Kansas City SEO company!